The 3rd Annual CIO Leaders Summit Hong Kong, hosted a panel discussion on Unified Communications and Mobility Real Time Problems and Solutions? Tablets and The Role They Play. Moderating the panel was Fletcher NG, Former Group CIO, Midland Holdings Limited who led the panel in this discussion. Fletcher has over 20 years experience in the IT sector and in managing high level projects for various industries. Recently Fletcher has also become a special advisor for the CIO Academy Asia. The CIO Academy Asia specialises in furthering the IT community across Asia and is a non-profit organisation.
The panel was joined by President, Mobility and Collaboration Services at Tata Communications, Andrew Bartolo. As a senior leader with a strong record for success in bringing new technology solutions to market, Andrew has served in his current role for over three years. As the President of Mobility and Collaboration at Tata Group, Anthony is responsible for the strategy, product offering and development of the Mobility and Unified Communications services.
Also joining the panel was Paula Versteeg currently the Chief Information Office for Mercedes-Benz Hong Kong. Paula has amassed over 15 years of international work experience in various business analysis, problem solving, and leadership roles. As CIO, she oversees the implementation and management of all IT Services and Solutions of Mercedes-Benz Hong Kong.
Mai-Wah Cheung, Group Chief Information Officer for Next Media Ltd. was the final panelist. Mai-Wah has served as Next Media’s Group CIO/CTO for over a year. Previously holding senior IT positions with other media companies, Mai-Wah has over 10 years in the IT industry.
Together the panel discussed:
- The importance of email and is it still relevant within the digital ecosystem?
- How has mobility of communications changed the way that people work and are we better off for this?
- How does the panel see the way teams and companies collaborate within this new digital ecosystem?
- Where does the panel see BYOD as part of the strategy for Unified Communications & Mobility?
- What’s motivating and inhibiting UCC investment?
- What’s the next big thing in UCC and how does the panel see the impact this will play on society in large.
This presentation opened up a high-level of discussion with the audience. To register your interest for one of our CIO Leaders Summit click here.